Parker Trail Riders offers a summer buckle series which now consists of six open pleasure shows every season from April through September! Only your top 5 shows will count for year end awards. Both English and Western classes are offered and riders of all ages and experience levels are encouraged to participate.
Patterns for pleasure shows – Posted the Friday morning before each show
Click on the image of the pattern below to access a PDF of the patterns for that event.
Showmanship, English & Western
Pleasure Shows are held on Sundays.
- April 24
- May 15
- June 12
- July 17
- Aug 14
- Sept 11
- Oct 02 (Rain Date)
Office Open: 7:30 am
Show Start: 8:30 am
Entry Fee $8.00 per class. Non-Members $10.00 office fee (per horse/rider combination)
- English Hunt Seat
- English Equitation Pattern
- English Discipline
- Western Pleasure
- Western Horsemanship Pattern
- Western Discipline
- Ranch Riding
>> 13 yrs & Under
>> 14 yrs – 18 yrs
>> 19 yrs – 39 yrs
>> 40 yrs & Over
Numerous novice classes are also offered.
Refer to our Operations Manual for a complete list of Pleasure Show rules.
- Classes may be combined at the discretion of the Show Committee – points will be tallied according to original age group.
- Showmanship and Trail classes can be shown in English OR Western tack.
- Age is determined as of January 1.
- Appropriate Attire is required for all Classes including Long Pants and Heeled Boots.
- All patterns will be posted at the shows. Helmets are strongly encouraged.
- Novice Rider classes are open to competitors (horse & rider combinations) who are not participating in age group classes.
- Western classes – Two hands allowed with a snaffle bit or bosal on any age horse.
- Refer to the PTR Operations Manual for further information on clothing, classes, PTR year end awards and general show rules.