Parker Trail Riders offers a summer buckle series which consists of five open pleasure shows every season from May through September. Both English and Western classes are offered and riders of all ages and experience levels are encouraged to participate.
Online pre-registration is now available: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2X6piRuZLYMFARYpIhKGd6GhlmLdIpzXXFec01mOVdI7xSg/viewform
Volunteer Sign Up:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b054eadab2ca6fe3-ptrpleasure
Patterns for pleasure shows
Patterns will be available Friday morning before each show. Click on the image of the pattern below to access a PDF of the patterns for that event. Check the date on the pattern to verify that the pattern is for the show you are participating in.
Showmanship, English & Western
Pleasure Shows are held on Sundays.
- May 30
- June 27
- July 11 (Rain Date)
- July 25
- Aug. 29
- Sept. 26
- Oct. 3 (Rain Date)
Office Open: 7:30 am
Show Start: 8:30 am
Entry Fee $8.00 per class. Non-Members $10.00 office fee (per horse/rider combination)
Max out fee $100 for members, $115 for non-members (one horse, one rider combination)
- English Hunt Seat
- English Equitation Pattern
- English Discipline
- Western Pleasure
- Western Horsemanship Pattern
- Western Discipline
- Ranch Riding
>> 13 yrs & Under
>> 14 yrs – 18 yrs
>> 19 yrs – 39 yrs
>> 40 yrs & Over
Numerous novice classes are also offered.
Refer to our Operations Manual for a complete list of Pleasure Show rules.
- Classes may be combined at the discretion of the Show Committee – points will be tallied according to original age group.
- Showmanship and Trail classes can be shown in English OR Western tack.
- Age is determined as of January 1.
- Appropriate Attire is required for all Classes including Long Pants and Heeled Boots.
- All patterns will be posted at the shows. Helmets are strongly encouraged.
- Novice Rider classes are open to competitors (horse & rider combinations) who are not participating in age group classes.
- Western classes – Two hands allowed with a snaffle bit or bosal on any age horse.
- Refer to the PTR Operations Manual for further information on clothing, classes, PTR year end awards and general show rules.